In memory of Tiffany Hanna, Great Lakes Helicopter is offering an annual scholarship(s) to a deserving Great Lakes Helicopter student(s).
Tiffany was a Flight Instructor with Great Lakes Helicopter who tragically died while on a training flight with a student, November 28, 2011. Tiffany’s love and excitement for helicopters was contagious and in recognition of Tiffany, the Tiffany Hanna Memorial Scholarship was established as an annual scholarship in the minimum amount of $2,500.
The Tiffany Hanna Memorial Scholarship was established to assist a Great Lakes Helicopter student(s) with $2,500 to be awarded upon successful completion of their flight test.
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must demonstrate that they meet the following eligibility criteria by providing copies of documentation as described:
- Canadian citizenship; Provide proof of citizenship. eg. copies of birth certificates or citizenship papers.
- Age 18 to 30 years; Provide proof of age, such as copies of birth certificates.
- Completed and passed a flight test for a commercial helicopter license.
- A high school diploma or equivalent; Provide copies of high school diplomas or proof of equivalent training.
- Exceptional attendance record with Great Lakes Helicopter.
- Submit a one page composition expressing why you think you should be the chosen recipient of the Scholarship.
- Three-character reference letters (personal or professional).
Selection of Successful Applicant
An award selection committee, comprised of appointed representatives from Great Lakes Helicopter will screen and recommend potential successful recipients to JoAnne Leyburne, who will select the successful candidate.
Selection will be based on the above eligibility and a grade system of 1 – 5 (one being lowest) on the following:
- Attendance Record
- Written Transport Canada Exam
- Transport Canada Flight Test Exam
- Help with company events
All award decisions are at the discretion of JoAnne Leyburne, and shall be final.
The Tiffany Hanna Memorial Scholarship will be administered by Great Lakes Helicopter.
Applications must be received before May 31, 2018 @ 5:00 p.m. (EST) by mail, email or the form bellow.
Great Lakes Helicopter
ATTN: Jo Anne Leyburne
12 – 4881 Fountain St. N.
Region of Waterloo Aiport
Breslau, ON N0B 1M0
2017: Nicholas Carriere